Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The other post neglected to mention a few things, so here's an update:
We were challenged by the WorldVets team in Honduras to beat their score for surgeries. We said "bring it on!" and other such nonsense. In reality, they're in a much more established location, and I believe they've got one more vet than we do (?). We are, however, confident that we'll at least tie their percentage of surgeries performed for the number of (healthy-enough) animals presented. Today was a little slower than yesterday. Less animals showed up, less local volunteers showed up, but it gave us some great practice/training opportunities. Our four vet students are getting hands-on (even hands-in) surgery experience, our vet tech is coaching those IV catheter placements like crazy (3 people trained so far), and our assistants are just rocking at their posts too. Not to mention the 5 veterinarians who are just amazing! We've got an awesome team here, and I'll be sad to let 'em all go their separate ways in a few days. Thank goodness for Facebook!

Since embarrassing photos will circulate (I'm sure) I should mention that I had horrible allergies during most of the clinic today. I had hoped that I'd be fine since yesterday was no problem, but ah well. Tomorrow shall be the day of generic Zyrtec.

In honor of St. Pat's (and because I was out of other clean socks) I elected to sport some green & white toe socks, which ought to be featured in a photo later...

And our trapped cat turned out to be a female, but we transferred her to a cage to wait until a surgery table is available tomorrow. Then we set the trap again and caught her brother or son or something. Fingers crossed we get another one caught tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment