Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Project

In preparation for the trip to Nicaragua, I somehow decided to add more complications to life, and in addition to moving this week (!) I have just adopted a new dog from North Beach PAWS. He's a 7 year old sable sheltie, and came in to be neutered today. Turns out he has other things wrong with him too - horrible teeth and an old leg injury - (a broken femur). So, being a sucker, I went ahead and said I would take him. I've wanted a sheltie since I was a kid, and, well, meet the new boy! We're tossing around the name Theodore (because of the many versions: Ted, Teddy, Ed, Eddie, Theo, The Odor...).
Here's a photo of him still sleeping in his kennel. I'm sure I'll put a few more shots later. And yes, I made sure I had a sitter lined up before I adopted - there is no WAY I'm missing Nicaragua!

We've asked an ER nurse if they have any extra supplies (gloves, etc.) that could be donated. She said she'll start putting together a box for us. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment